1. WHAT TYPE(S) OF DATA DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES?
Helinox processes data in the following situations:
- - When you visit our website and web shop; When you browse our store, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system and other preferences that are used to optimize your shopping experience;
- - When you purchase something from our online web shop; when purchasing something from our store we collect data that is necessary for us to fulfill our obligations in order to sell and deliver the goods. We therefore collect your full name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
- - When you write a customer review; your name and e-mail address;
- - When you subscribe for e-mail marketing; with your permission, we may send you e-mails about our store, new products or other updates;
- - When asking us questions via e-mail: We collect personal information contained in the email for the purpose of responding to your questions and/or comments;
- - In the information provision, processing and delivery of purchases made by parties that sell our products in physical stores (resellers). Helinox Inc., Helinox Europe B.V. (and its subsidiary’s Helinox Paris SARL, Helinox Deutschland GmbH and Helinox UK ltd.), process data that can contain personal data from the purchasing party. Processing this data is required for Helinox (and its subsidiary’s) to fulfill its contractual and legal obligations. Helinox Europe B.V. only shares personal information with Helinox Inc when this is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of the data subject.
We keep the data we collect to a minimum and only collect your data if we must do so depending on the service we provide.
2. ON WHICH LEGAL GROUNDS DOES HELINOX COLLECT YOUR DATA?
Helinox only collects data when there is a legal ground to do so. These legal grounds consist of:
- In the performance of an agreement; for example, when you purchase something in our web shop;
- If processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, for instance tax regulations;
- In case there is a legitimate interest: for example, when the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services to the benefit of the website’s users. Or, to enhance the security of our services and determine if our marketing is effective;
- Based upon your consent: for example, when you subscribe to our newsletters. Every form of data collection we perform based on your consent can be withdrawn.
3. IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA SHARED?
Helinox may share your data with third parties that are support companies working on behalf, and on the instructions, of Helinox. With these parties Helinox concluded processor agreements if necessary, under GDPR regulations with regard to our data processing with regard to EU citizens. Examples of these third-party companies are email service providers that process the emails from customers, payment providers that process payments, shipping partners that ship our products to the customers, etc.
The Helinox web shop is hosted on the “Shopify” platform, hosted by the Canadian company Shopify Inc. Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you.
For our clients from outside of the European Economic Area that use our shop hosted by Shopify: Your data is stored and processed through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. including Shopify Data Processing (USA) Inc., Shopify Payments (USA) Inc., Shopify (USA) Inc. store your data on secure servers.
For our clients from the European Economic Area that use our shop hosted by Shopify: Personal data is received and initially processed by Shopify's Irish entity, Shopify International Ltd. Shopify is a “processor” in the sense of article 28 of the GDPR and thus published a “Data Processing Addendum” which can be found here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/dpa. If and when Shopify Ltd transfers data to Shopify Inc. in Canada, the data within Shopify Inc. is protected under PIPEDA, Canada’s private sector privacy legislation, which is considered adequate under the GDPR. More information about Shopify’s Privacy Policies can be found here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
Be aware that when using a third-party payment provider (for instance PayPal or a credit card provider), or any other third-party that is (also) the controller of personal data you provide them with, we recommend you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers since these providers operate as a “controller” of the data. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
4. PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
5. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Helinox has taken all the necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. These security measures protect against, among other things, loss, disruption, damage and prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing or publication of your data. All people employed at Helinox have signed a non-disclosure agreement. If you have any questions about how your personal data is protected, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us using the details referred to under 10.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
You, as a data subject, have the following rights:
- The right to access your data. This means you can submit a request to access the personal data we have collected from you.
- The right to rectification of your data if they are incorrect.
- The right to having your data erased.
- The right to object to (future) processing of your data or to limit such processing, provided there are no legal and statutory grounds for precluding this.
- The right to withdraw certain permission you have given to process.
- The right to data portability/data transferability. This means you can receive the data you issued to Helinox in a structured, standard and machine-readable form. You can then transfer this data to another responsible party.
- The right to file a complaint with the local data protection authorities.
The website and web shop of Helinox only uses session cookies. Cookies are small files which are stored by the web browser when you visit the website and web shop of Helinox. Underneath we listed the types of cookies we use.
- - “_session_id”: Unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc.).
- - “_shopify_visit”: No data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- - “_shopify_uniq”: No data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- - “cart”: Unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- - “_secure_session_id”: Unique token, sessional
- - “_storefront_digest”: Unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Google Analytics: The Helinox website and web shop uses the 'Google Analytics' service provided by Google Inc. This service analyses the use of the website by its visitors and collects anonymous statistical data about user behavior, for example on the basis of the number of visits per page, how long visitors stay on a page, the countries where these visitors come from and the pages clicked. We use this service in order to improve our website. Google Analytics carries out this analysis using cookies. Helinox has entered into a processor agreement with Google. Google does not use any of this data for its own purposes.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
9. AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you are a consumer, visitor of our website or business partner in Asia or Europe:
Helinox Inc. [Attn: DPO] 24 Gajaeul-ro, Seo-gu Incheon KR 404-250
For business partners in Europe:
Helinox Europe B.V. [Attn: DPO] Langswater 610,1069 EE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
+31 (0) 20 799 5571
Helinox Europe B.V. has the following subsidiary’s: Helinox Paris SARL, Helinox Deutschland GmbH and Helinox UK ltd. For the processing of data Helinox Europe B.V. is the designated entity.